Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Foot in my mouth

SO yesterday I had a stupid moment!
I went in to a mail America store to have the notary sign the closing papers on our texas home.
When she was telling me how her family had moved around alot and then came to settle here in CA. Her husband had retired and she continued working. I then told her it was okay that is what kept her young. A little old man was behind me and I saw him and asked if that wasn't true? He then said well I don't know I haven't worked for quite sometime. I then said well then it is your wife that keeps you young! He then said well she recently passed away. I said I was sorry and then stupid me said well I am sure your children help you. He then said well I only have one left.
Then I said oh I am so sorry. He then told me how his son had been up skiing in Aspen Co and drove off a cliff. There was a long pause of awkward silence and then the lady in the store thanked me for coming in and to have a nice day.

My foot tastes awful.....

Moral of story don't assume to much......

5 comments:

treehugger said...

Wow, what an uplifting and happy guy! Sheesh!

Glad to see you on the web sis!

treehugger said...

P.S. I can see that Andy is just a "friend" by the way he is holding Ash's hand! Ooo he's pretty cute!

Emily said...

Tracey!

So glad to "see" you on here. We miss you guys around these parts. I was actually just thinking about you the other day and hoping that your move and adjustment to california was smooth. You are so lucky to live in the mountians-- AND by one of my favorite places on earth *Lake Tahoe*! You are so so lucky!

We are well over here, my Josh starts school in a week-- and I'm having my moments. Why can't they stay small forever.

Thanks for dropping by. I hope we can keep in touch. I am going to add your blog to my blogroll links so I can check on you. ;)

Love, e

Ashley Canady said...

Hey Tracey!

I have actually been thinking about you! I miss you! I wasn't able to go to your going away thing. We are doing well. Glad to see that you and the kids are adjusting. I will add you my blog links.

becki said...

hey tracey!!
i was more excited that you sold your house!
yes, i've done that MANY times as well, but you're SO cute that they probably just said, "what a nice girl." as you walked out with your mouth full!
i love ashley's friend picture, will have to ask her about it on facebook!