Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A "Yankee" week



So for Braden, David and I have been working on a surprise for the last 2 years or so. It is finally here. David and Braden flew to New York to see the Yankees play the Red socks in the Yankee Stadium. This is the last year the New York Yankee baseball team will play at Yankee Stadium. After this Baseball season it will be torn down. It will then became parking for the new stadium across the street.
Braden could not sleep last night. Dad and son left this morning around 4:30 am.
I received a phone call this afternoon that they were leaving Minneapolis and heading to New York!! I think I might be more excited than both of them put together!!(okay,
maybe not) I am still very happy things have worked out so we could grant Braden a big wish....

I will let you know how things go! GO YANKEES!!!

4 comments:

becki said...

what a super FUN surprise!! you have my vote for bestest parents of the year!

Emily said...

How exciting! that sounds like a blast!

Cindy said...

Hi, Tracey! I miss you guys so much! What a fun birthday present for your son.

treehugger said...

Tracey, that is just awesome. You'll have to let us all know how they liked it! I am so glad you have been keeping up with your blog. It's great to hear what you guys have been up to. We love you and miss you!